Monday, December 9, 2013

Video Triptych



For my video triptych I chose a water theme. I chose to do very extreme and high definition closeups of the water, so that I could capture the detail of the waves, and the light playing of the surface of the water. I slowed down a lot of these shots to make them more surreal, thinking that they looked even mesmerizing at that speed. The middle piece was definitely the anchor for the other two videos, acting also as a point of reference. The two side videos started at different times, mostly because I wanted to accentuate the fact that their audio was played to the side they were on. Eventually they mirrored each other, and then they were identical at another point. I wanted to create an illusion that made the viewer think that they were just watching the same world mirrored, but then be thrown off by the sudden parallel.

No comments:

Post a Comment